Upcoming Frame Show: Tom Ford and Face a Face: Friday, September 10th from 10am-3pm, by appointment only.
At this time, ALL visits to Mountain View Optometry are by appointment only (including routine, contact lens and optical visits). Please call us 650-967-6649 to schedule your visit. For routine annual exams, you can use the REQUEST APPOINTMENT tab on this website .
|Safe Practices (Updated 6/30/2021)
Patient compliance with these procedures will be mandatory for service at Mountain View Optometry.
1. Masks are still REQUIRED for EVERYONE over the age of 2, inside of our office! (we will not be providing them).
2. Everyone will be required to wash their hands upon entering
3. All patients will be asked about their health status, and if feeling ill, patients will be rescheduled.
4. We ask that patients come to their appointment unaccompanied, so there are less people in the reception area.
5. Patients who need caregivers or help with language translation/mobility may be accompanied by one person and underage minors may be accompanied by one parent.
6. Social distancing around the office will be observed as much as practically possible, and marked where appropriate.
7. Increased cleaning of patient areas will be prioritized.
8. Curbside/front desk pickup for glasses and contacts will still be offered. Please call our office in advance to arrange this.
9. To control the flow of patients through our Optical area, frame selections/glasses & contact lenses dispenses will be done by appointment. Please call our office in advance to arrange this.
Mountain View Optometry and Contact Lens Clinic now offers HIPPA-compliant telehealth visits through EyecareLive smartphone app. While telehealth does not replace comprehensive eye examinations, some visual or eye health concerns can be addressed via vision checks, messages, photos, and video chat capabilities offered through EyecareLive. Some examples include:
- Red eyes
- Eyelid Styes, swelling, or bumps
- Temporary extension of contact lens prescriptions
- Dry eye evaluations
The out-of-pocket cost for this service is dependent on the type of evaluation, ranging from complimentary to $75. If you are interested in scheduling a telehealth visit, please follow these simple steps to expedite your appointment request:
1) Download the EyecareLive app on your smartphone/tablet and select “Mountain View Optometry and Contact Lens Clinic” as your provider.
2) Complete your account by filling out "Personal Information" and "Payment Information" tabs.
3) Request a consultation
If you are interested in temporarily renewing your contact lens prescription through our telehealth service, please additionally follow these steps prior to requesting a consultation:
4) Through this app, please take a “Vision Test" while wearing your contact lenses. The app will guide you in linking your smartphone to your computer to record your vision.
5) Complete the "Contact Lens Survey" so we can learn more about the comfort of you contact lenses.
The fee associated with extending your contact lens prescription for 6 months is $49, NOT billed to your insurance. Based on the findings, the doctor may recommend an in-person visit to assess your eyes and contact lenses.
We look forward to seeing our patients again soon. Thank you for helping us keep you and our staff safe and healthy.
Home | Our Doctors | Our Office | Eyecare Services | Eye Information | Safe Practices | Myopia Control | Dr. Kenneth N. Schwaderer | Dr. Linda K. Hur | Dr. Ellen Szeto | Dr. Kathleen Shen | Dr. Audrey V. Louie | Dr. Elaine Ngo | Dr. Jenny Truong | Dr. Jeremy Cheung | Location & Hours | Our Staff | Our History | Comprehensive Eye Exams | Childrens Vision | Special Exam Services | Refractive Surgery | Myopia Control | Contact Lenses | Fashionable Eyewear | Eye Health Information | Useful Links | Frequently Asked Questions